Monday, December 12, 2022

JAGGN research, planning, and production process

 I had known about this assignment since the beginning of the year, and after I saw JaggN’s first performance I knew I wanted them to be my subject. When the project was officially assigned, I decided to work with 2 of my good friends who I thought would be a good help to work on it. We just knew we wanted to give an inside look at what being in JaggN was like, so that's what we did. We had a really hard time coming up with the name of the doc but eventually landed on just the band name itself: “JAGGN” being it was simple and easy to remember. We prepared ourselves by planning most of our b-rolls and creating a brief summary prior to any production. The biggest problem was time, and we wanted to film ASAP, so we planned all of our shots and interview questions in about 2 class periods.



We then immediately got to filming. Jack Sussman and I went to the lead guitarists Justin’s house to film them having a jam sesh, and film all of the interviews. After filming everything, we wanted to incorporate footage from past shows, and luckily the three of us had been to their past performances and had clips from their shows. Editing took a VERY long time. We had so much footage and had to cut down so much, it took about a week to fully edit the piece. We edited the entire piece on i-movie which had its own set of issues, but we managed to get it done. Overall, I think we planned out this project very well and I am very happy with the result.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T1abshDa4-XcZt2drkjfQVKn8nfVnwu-?usp=sharing