Friday, February 25, 2022

Main Song!


 After looking for what felt like hours for copyright free rock music, I learned one thing: Copyright free music sucks! I looked far and wide to find a copyright free song, and found some decent ones, but none that really stood out. I used websites like https://www.purple-planet.com/ and https://splice.com and couldn’t find anything that really fit. When I first thought of this project, the song that immediately came to my head was “Reptilia” by The Strokes. So instead of wasting my time trying to find more copyright free music, I decided to write an email to BMG records to see if I can use Reptilia. This is the email I sent them:

“ Dear BMG Licensing,
My name is Jack Leventhal. I am doing a project for school and would love to use a song under your label with your permission. The project is a short film opening. How would I go about using this song? Get back to me whenever you can. Thank you so much.

Name: Jack Leventhal

Project Name: Cambridge Film Opening

Project: FILM OPENING

Description: Film opens up on a kid wearing sunglasses and headphones, sitting in is room playing guitar. The cuts are very fast and upbeat. The credits will happen as he is playing. From the distance, we hear multiple people calling out his name. His bedroom door swings open to reveal his band mates yelling at him that they are late for a performance. When he gets up, he picks up a mobility stick to reveal that he is blind. This is where the film opening will end.

Request: I would like to use the song “Reptilia” by “The Strokes” in the first minute and a half of my project.

Artist: The Strokes

Explain: Song fits the vibe of the opening perfectly.

Length of music in minutes: 1:19

What media rights are needed: N/A

Sincerely,  
 Jack Leventhal”

I hoping BMG allows me to use the song, and I’ll keep you updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T1abshDa4-XcZt2drkjfQVKn8nfVnwu-?usp=sharing